Research and Centers
Education Departments, Programs and Centers
Ground-breaking research is being conducted at the College of Education and Social Services within the academic departments, through innovative programs or through affiliated centers:
- Department of Education
- Department of Leadership and Developmental Sciences
- Department of Social Work
- Center for Disability and Community Inclusion
- Campus Children's Center
- Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education
Research and scholarship are supported through a variety of channels at the College of Education and Social Services (CESS). The CESS Research Council, initiated by Dean Fayneese Miller and developed by faculty and staff in Fall 2007, supports the cutting-edge research and creation of new knowledge by college faculty and students.
[+] Read more information on the Council's mission.
In five years, the College of Education and Social Services will be a university exemplar in research while maintaining excellence in teaching and service. The College's culture will be permeated with research discourse. Research, in its many modes, will be highly valued as are the faculy and staff who are engaged in and support the various research activities. The College of Education and Social Services' research activity will engage the talents of researchers to make a difference in the lives of children, youth, individuals, and families and the organizations and communities that serve them. The College of Education and Social Services will have meaningful relationships with key foundations and state and federal funding agencies and will regularly submit grant proposals.
New research opportunities:
Ways to seek funding:
- UVM's Office of Sponsored Programs
- The Graduate College
- IRIS funding opportunity alert service for faculty
- SMARTS funding alert services for faculty
- Undergraduate awards (mini grants, UROP, URECA!, internships and more)
- Jean S. Garvin Research Fellowship (CESS funding for students)
Last modified May 08 2013 11:45 AM