Roles/areas of responsibility of the Co-Principal Investigators
- Fiscal and management coordination
- Process for making decisions on scientific direction and allocation of resources
- Data sharing and communication among investigators
- Publication and intellectual property (if needed) policies
- Procedures for resolving conflicts
- Other topics as specified by a sponsor in a proposal RFA
The PI Leadership Plan must be reviewed and approved by the Department Chairs and Deans of a proposal with multiple PIs in InfoEd during the proposal routing process.
Please note that some sponsors require the leadership plan as part of the proposal; in other cases, the document is for internal, UVM purposes only.
Unless specified by the sponsor, the format of the PI leadership plan is not prescribed.