- Summer Term Start DateMay 20, 2024
- Application DeadlinesVisit the Graduate College Page for application deadlines
- TuitionSee Master of Public Health under the 2023-24 Graduate Programs with Alternate Pricing section of the Student Financial Services website.
- Learning FormatOnline, asynchronous
- Program DurationFlexible - not to exceed 5 years
- VA Benefit EligibleYes
- GRENot required
The program’s mission is to prepare skilled and versatile graduates dedicated to improving public health through practice, research, education, and leadership
Advancing Health through Education: Innovative. Accessible. Worldwide.
- Foundation of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Innovation in education
- Grounding in evidence-based public health
- Interdisciplinary learning and practice
- A culture of lifelong learning
If you believe we must all do our part to promote positive health outcomes for everyone equally, we invite you to explore our 100% online, CEPH-accredited MPH.
Public health for everyone — equally
If you’re committed to improving health outcomes for everyone — and passionate about improving health access and equality — then the field of Public Health needs you. When you join UVM’s top-ranked online Public Health program, you’ll learn to ask provocative questions about the ways in which housing, racism, health policy, and the environment impact population health. And you’ll explore how an interdisciplinary approach that blends public policy, research, and population health science is critical to implementing public health interventions that prioritize the lived experiences of diverse populations.
Studying with classmates from diverse regions, backgrounds, and life experiences adds invaluable richness to the online learning experience.
Make a difference in diverse fields
Developed in collaboration with the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont, our 42-credit, online Master of Public Health (MPH) degree blends public policy, research, and population health sciences to give students a 360° picture of the public health landscape. Students can choose a Generalist MPH degree or an MPH with a Concentration in Global Health Leadership. All graduates of our program will be fluent in public health policy that will empower them to make a difference in diverse fields – Behavioral Sciences, Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, and Health Services Administration. Students in the Generalist MPH Program Students take 9 credits in three elective courses, with flexibility to pursue the Public Health area of most interest. Students in the Global Health Leadership Concentration take 9 credits in three Global Health-specific courses, developing analytic and practical skills for a career in this fast-growing field.
Full-time students can complete the MPH in as few as 15 months and up to five years. Students who start the MPH in the summer session can complete the program in four semesters.
- Ensure graduates are prepared for public health practice
- Cultivate a scholarly program environment through active faculty research, scientific inquiry and scholarly endeavors
- Encourage student scientific inquiry
- Students gain a strong foundation in quantitative health sciences applicable to research and evidence-based health practices
- Increase access to public health education through quality online learning
- Develop a learning environment that promotes diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
- Promote life-long learning