Dear UVM Community, I had the unfortunate duty today to notify our graduating students that this May’s commencement festivities will no longer be able to take place as originally planned, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Following is the note I sent.
A message from President Suresh Garimella to the UVM Community:
Without a doubt, these are challenging and unusual times. But I continue to be very impressed—and proud—of the strength, understanding, and connection that define our university.
Please take a few moments to view this video, and thank you for the many ways you keep UVM strong.
Dear UVM family,
I write with another update during this unprecedented time. The fast-changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to uncertainty and anxiety for all of us. As a coworker, community member, and parent, I know there are many aspects to this situation—practical and emotional—and few simple solutions.
- 3/15/20 Message to UVM Community: A Personal Note of Thanks
- 3/11/20 - Message from President Garimella to UVM Community: COVID-19
- 3/8/20 - Message from President Garimella to UVM Community
- Science at the South Pole
- Opening of Case Record in Disorderly Conduct Case
- An important announcement regarding tuition
- 'A mind without fear'
- On student success
- Staff Appreciation Week
- 2019 UVM Campus Climate Survey
- 1 of 2
- next ›