Early in March, a team of scientists, engineers and doctors at the University of Vermont wondered if the Covid-19 epidemic might overwhelm the state’s hospitals—and, particularly, if there would be enough ventilators. So, they set out to design and build a working model for a simple, inexpensive, emergency ventilator. They’re succeeding.
The University of Vermont Graduate College has named four new University Scholars for academic year 2020–21. The University Scholars program recognizes distinguished UVM faculty members for sustained excellence in research, creative and scholarly activities.
- American Academy of Arts & Sciences Elects UVM’s Wallace to Its Membership
- Most Fulbrights Ever
- From Train Wrecks to Social Distancing
- UVM Survey: Food Insecurity in Vermont Rose 33% During Pandemic
- The Pursuit of Knowledge
- UVM Trio Named Ecological Society of America Fellows
- UVM Engineers and Technicians Fight Pandemic Behind the Scenes
- Vermont Team Invents Emergency Ventilator
- Gauging Pandemic’s Impact on Food Insecurity
- Why School Closures Help
- 1 of 101
- next ›