Sen. Patrick Leahy, vice chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, announced Thursday that the University of Vermont is receiving $6.6 million from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Health Resources and Services Administration’s Rural Communities Opioid Response Program for Rural Centers of Excellence on Substance Use Disorders.
Agricultural insect pests seek out familiar scents to find their plant hosts. However, they can also be repelled by odors from other plant species.
In addition to sipping award-winning wines, visitors to Shelburne Vineyard in nearby Shelburne, Vermont, this spring could be found taking selfies with sheep. That’s because the vineyard was home to a flock of five Suffolk sheep happily grazing on the grass beneath the grapevines.
- Creating Molecular Movies of Thin Film Growth
- How Honeybees May Infect Bumblebees
- Why Noah’s Ark Won’t Work
- Mind over Medicated
- Restore Wetlands to Cut Flood Costs, Phosphorus Pollution: TNC-Gund Study
- The Wall in Focus
- Highest Honors
- Global Health Benefits of Climate Action Offset Costs
- National Academy of Sciences Elects UVM’s Mark Nelson to Its Membership
- Meet UVM’s Fulbrightest
- 1 of 97
- next ›