Dear University of Vermont Faculty and Staff:
Earlier in the semester, as the UVM Health, Safety, and Resumption of Operations Committee reviewed departments’ resumption of in-person operations plans, there were instances in which limited non-academic/non-research visitors to campus were approved. Since we’re moving indoors, heading into cold/flu season, and COVID is spiking in areas across the Northeast, we will now be restricting all visitors to campus.
Non-academic/non-research visitors require advance permission before coming to campus, and will only be approved when the visit is:
- Essential to students’ education
- Essential to the delivery of other essential services to students
- Essential to contributing to Vermont’s COVID response preparedness
- Essential to the delivery of medical or other health services
Advance permission for non-academic/non-research visitors should be sought by submitting a revised resumption plan to the UVM Health, Safety, and Resumption of Operations Committee, detailing the nature of the visit and the related health and safety plan. Please contact Francis Churchill or Tessa Lucey for more information.
Academic and research visitors/collaborators continue to be restricted. There is an exception process in place that is coordinated by Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs Jim Vigoreaux and Vice President for Research Kirk Dombrowski. Exceptions are limited to concrete collaborations that cannot be done via Teams.
Emeriti faculty with an essential academic or research need to visit campus must seek pre-approval through the exception process.
Research participants who must visit campus should already be included in a lab/project resumption plan that was reviewed earlier this summer. If not, then the plan needs to be updated and reapproved. This update may require IRB approval as well.
- Campus retail will only open to the public during move-in and move-out periods
- Vendors will follow the vendor approval process
- Proposed student visits (this includes current and prospective students) should be pre-approved by Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and Student Success J. Dickinson
We’re not quite in the homestretch, but the end of the on-campus portion of our semester is in sight. Please only request permission for visitors when you believe the visit is absolutely essential. Thank you for understanding the need to take these precautions to support our continued success.
Patricia A. Prelock
Provost and Senior Vice President
The University of Vermont