On Wednesday, April 1st, 2020, the UVM wireless network received a new security certificate as the previous certificate had expired. Some macOS computers are not accepting the new certificate automatically, and will need to remove the expired certificate prior to reconnecting to UVM wireless.
If you’re using a macOS computer and are having trouble connecting to UVM wireless Wednesday, April 1st, try the following steps:
- Click the Apple in the top left corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences menu, click on Profiles.
NOTE: If you do not have a Profiles icon, the issue you’re experiencing is different in nature than the one addressed in this guide. Please submit a help ticket.
- If asked, enter the password to your computer to confirm the removal of the profile.
- Attempt to reconnect to the UVM wireless network. You may be asked to enter your UVM username and password.
- If prompted, accept the new radius.uvm.edu certificate by clicking “Continue“.
You should now have a working UVM wireless connection!