Unit Continuity-of-Operations Planning
For UVM to be successful in responding to any emergency, training, cross-unit coordination, and proactive planning must occur throughout the University. The President and Provost have therefore asked Deans and Vice Presidents to oversee the completion of unit-continuity-of-operations plans (COOPs) for each academic and administrative unit in their area. Units are expected to take appropriate preparedness and mitigation measures within existing resources. These unit-level plans will lay out how each college, school, department, facilty, or other unit will continue to provide essential functions with lower staffing levels, fewer supplies, and social distancing measures in place.
To learn more about COOP, take FEMA's Independant Study Course IS-1300: Introduction to Continuity of Operations
Templates and Examples
COOP Templates (PDF files)
- Academic Unit COOP Template.pdf andAcademic Unit COOP Instructions.pdf
- Research Project Assessment Template.pdfResearch Project Assessment Template.pdfResearch Project Assessment Template (optional Attachment to academic unit COOP)
- Administrative Unit COOP Template.pdf and Administrative Unit COOP Instructions.pdf
Sample COOPs - EXAMPLES ONLY
- Sample Academic Unit COOP-SBA.pdfSample Academic Unit COOP-SBA.pdfSample Academic Unit COOP-SBA.pdf - provided as an example only; does not represent this unit's final plan
- Sample Administrative Unit COOP-OSP.pdfSample Administrative Unit COOP-OSP.pdfSample Administrative Unit COOP-OSP.pdf - provided as an example only; does not represent this unit's final plan
Unit COOP Representatives
Please check with your unit leadership to find out who your continuity of operations representative is.