The safety and wellbeing of our campus community is always the University of Vermont’s top priority. This page lists the critical reporting resources available across the university, separated by topic. Unless otherwise noted, the resources linked are only viewed during normal business hours. In the event of an emergency and imminent risk of harm, please call Police Services at 911 or (802) 656-3473 if on campus.


Bias, discrimination, and harassment incidents

If you experience or witness an incident of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct (PDF), or a bias incident involving a UVM affiliate, you are encouraged to submit a report to the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity (AAEO). AAEO will provide you with information about your options, including process referrals for potential policy or legal violations, and offer individualized support measures to address the impact felt, as appropriate.

The bias, discrimination, and harassment incident reporting form can be submitted anonymously.

Submit a bias, discrimination, and harassment report

If you are unsure about reporting or would like to speak to someone confidentially, please review the confidential support services.

If you are a UVM Reporter, you must file a report as detailed below in the UVM Reporters and the Clery Act section. 



LiveSafe is a safety communications platform and risk mitigation tool. It provides campus community members the ability to share information about emerging safety and security risks and connects them to resources across the university and in the community. The UVM LiveSafe app can be used by UVM students, employees, and visitors.

Learn more about LiveSafe


Incidents or concerns about a student or students

UVM Care Form

If you are concerned about a specific UVM student or about a specific event, you can reach out to the Dean of Students Office at (802) 656-3380.

To report concerns anonymously, you can fill out a Care form online.

Submit a UVM Care Report


Academic Integrity

If there is a concern about academic integrity, the Center for Student Conduct has resources for faculty, students, and families. The Academic Integrity Referral Form documents potential violations. Please note the referred student(s) will receive an exact copy of the report and documents submitted.

Submit an Academic Integrity Referral


General Incidents

Also operated by the Center for Student Conduct, this form documents potential violations for more general incidents. Please note the information will be shared with the referred student(s).

Submit a general incident report



If you experience a crime on campus, you are encouraged to call UVM Police Services directly at (802) 656-3473, which is available 24/7.

If you witness a crime on campus, you can submit an online report and have the option to remain anonymous.

Submit a crime report with UVM Police Services


UVM Reporters & the Clery Act

If you are a UVM Reporter who needs to report an alleged crime or misconduct, please report the incident via UVM’s Clery Act Reporting Form. If the incident involves discrimination or harassment, including sexual misconduct or gender-based stalking, you must also file a report with the Title IX Coordinator / Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity. For more information on reporting, please read the UVM Reporter University Operating Procedure (pdf).


Ethics and Compliance

The Office of Compliance and Privacy Service provides resources on compliance reporting when an employee witnesses wrongdoing. While the highest level of confidentiality under the law is maintained, not every reporting option is anonymous.

The Ethics and Compliance Reporting and Helpline is an anonymous way to make a report. This hotline is available 24/7 and is monitored by an outside company. In addition to an online form, employees have the option to report over the phone at (800) 461-9330 via text message at (802) 441-6649.

Submit an Ethics and Compliance Report


Disability Accommodation and Accessibility

UVM's ADA/504 Coordinator manages requests for diability-related accommodations for employees and applicants for employment. Students may contact Student Accessibility Services to learn about the procedure for requesting disability-related academic and residential accommodations.

For questions regarding website accessibility or to notify the university regarding online information or functionality that is currently inaccessible, please email