Please follow the steps below to set up your group tour to the NSF/UVM CCF
During the planning phase
- Read the Community Cosmogenic Facility Philosophy document to learn more about the facility.
- Read the Visiting the Community Cosmogenic Facility document to get details about how to find us and laboratory schedule.
- Work with Lee (Ashley.Corbett@uvm.edu) to schedule and plan your tour.
The week before your visit
- Download, fill out, and return to Lee (Ashley.Corbett@uvm.edu) the Visitor Introduction Template so that we know more about you. We will use this information to introduce you to the UVM Geology Department and report back to NSF about who has visited the facility.
- Take a look at our Laboratory Methods to get an idea of what you will be seeing.
- Read the recent methods-related publication that describes method optimization for in situ sample preparation. Depending on the experience level of the students, this could be a useful reading assignment before the tour.
On the day of your tour
- Please make sure everyone wears clean clothes that have not been in the field or other dusty places. We will provide footwear, since no outside shoes can enter the facility.
- Because we have limited storage space, encourage students to leave backpacks in your bus or van. All food and beverages should stay in your vehicle.
- Encourage your group to use the restrooms on the way in, since access to the laboratory is by digital key only and it will not be easy to come and go from the facility during the tour. There are restrooms on the first floor of Delehanty Hall.
- Feel free to bring notebooks, pens/pencils, and cameras on the tour.