Please follow the steps below to set up your observation visit to the NSF/UVM CCF
During the planning phase
- Read the Community Cosmogenic Facility Philosophy document to learn more about the facility and how visits work.
- Read the Visiting the Community Cosmogenic Facility document to get details about travel, housing, and laboratory schedule.
- Work with Lee (Ashley.Corbett@uvm.edu) to develop a schedule for your visit.
Several months before your visit
- Book housing close to campus (see Visiting the Community Cosmogenic Facility).
- Make travel arrangements (e.g. flight or bus) if necessary.
Several weeks before your visit
- Download, fill out, and return to Lee (Ashley.Corbett@uvm.edu) the Visitor Introduction Template so that we know more about you. We will use this information to report back to NSF about who has visited the facility.
- Take a look at our Laboratory Methods to get an idea of what you will be seeing.
- Read the recent methods-related publication that describes method optimization for in situ sample preparation.
- Download, print, and sign the Code of Conduct and return it to Lee.
- Watch the series of training videos describing laboratory methods.