Eighth Annual Zeigler Research Forum
May 5, 2017, 8 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Dudley H. Davis Center, University of Vermont
Dr. Annick D. Van den Abbeele, chief of the Department of Imaging and founding director of the Center for Biomedical Imaging in Oncology at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, will speak on “Cancer Imaging: Opening New Horizons for Precision Medicine” – a look at the rapidly evolving field of cancer therapy.
Dr. Van den Abbeele is internationally known for her translational research in molecular imaging, which builds upon her pioneering work in monitoring response to molecularly-targeted therapy and immunotherapy in several cancers; for developing an integrated clinical and research cancer imaging department; and for leading the implementation and development of quantitative metrics in cancer imaging.
INDEX OF PRESENTATIONS BY DEPARTMENT
Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Horowitz-McCadden, E. R., and M.S. Cannizarro. "Principles of Motor Learning in a Virtual Environment: Applying Instructional Focus to Virtual Task Acquisition Using Brain-Computer Interface".
- Conner, K. A., Grigoli, N. A., Lee, M. S., Neal, J. R., and S. J. Wilcox. “A Systematic Review of the Effects of Male-to-Female Transgender Voice Therapy on Acoustic Measures and Perceptions of Vocal Femininity”.
- Sweet, J., Phatigaraphong, B., and B. Manning. “A Systematic Review of LSVT LOUD and its Efficacy”.
- Sedeyn, C. “Visual attention to photographs and cartoon images in Social StoriesTM: A comparison of typical developing children and children with ASD”.
- Nalevanko, B .L. “More Than Words: Parent Training Strategies to Support the Communication of Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders”.
- Nelson, E. “Reading between the Lines: Facilitating Theory of Mind in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders through Book Reading”.
Medical Laboratory and Radiation Sciences
- O’Toole, K. T. “Novel Molecular Interaction between Cyclic-AMP Dependent Protein Kinase A Holoenzymes and La-Related Protein 4”.
- Rodriguez, P., Johnson, A., and E. Amiel. “Elucidating the role of glycogen in B cell effector function”.
- Thwe, P., Reisz, J. A., D’Alessandro, A., and E. Amiel. “Intracellular glycogen reserves fuel early glycolytic reprogramming associated with immune effector function in dendritic cells”.
- Lewis, L. F. “A mixed methods study of barriers to formal diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder in adults”.
- Janowiec, C. V. “Implementation of Family Planning and Contraception for Female Inmates in Vermont”.
- Wachtel, D. “Service Learning as an Educational Tool for Nurse Practitioner Students: A Harm Reduction Approach towards Substance Use Disorder”.
- Gorman, M, J. “Nurse’s Perceptions and Education on LGBT Health and Health Care in Australia and the United States of America with a focus on Transgender Health”.
- Lemieux, N., Hamel-Bissell, B., and M. Bosek. “Transfer of Simulation Learning to the Practice Setting”.
Rehabilitation and Movement Science
- Braman, J. L., Gehring K. J., Ponce, M. P., Slabinski E. E., Bianchi, N., Morton-Ouellette, R., and R. Escorpizo. “How the use of a therapeutic mobile or internet-based applications affects the management of chronic pain: A Systematic Literature Review”.
- Dee, J. M., Klotz, S. R., Matos, V. P., Nason, J. L., Ninh, C., and J. D. Oziemina. “Feasibility and Acceptability of Trauma Informed Physical Therapy: a Case Series”.
- Dwyer, K., Boulanger, K., Bekaert, J., Pollutro, K., Blake, M., Bianchi, N., Sargent, E., Orest, M., and R. Escorpizo. “No Difference was found Between Group or Individual Physical Therapy Intervention as Evidenced by Pain and Functional Outcomes after Hip or Knee Joint Replacement: A Systematic Literature Review”.
- Osorio, V., Pitkin, M. O., Sackett, E. L., Slayton, E. P., Sargent, E., Henry, S., Bianchi, N., and R. Escorpizo. “There is No Difference between Eccentric and Concentric Strengthening Exercise in the Treatment of Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy: A Systematic Literature Review”.
- Potter, E. G., and C. Tompkins. “Predictors of Time Spent in Sedentary Behavior in Adolescents”.
- Crosby A. T., and S.L. Kasser. “Association of Mobility Impairment and Disease Related Factors with Falls in Adults with Multiple Sclerosis”.
- Pisinski C. M., Alpert, D., and S.L. Kasser. “Cognitive Motor Interference during Walking and Balancing in Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis”.
- Anderson, M. M., de Simone, R. M., Etre, N. P., Suffredini, D. J., Vachon, J. K., Yargeau, M., Bianchi, N., and R. Escorpizo. “The Addition of Motor Imagery to Physical Therapy Intervention May Improve Gait and Function for Patients with Parkinson’s Disease”.
- Laning, S. G., Linde, A. C., Rooks, A. M., Schwaegerle, K. A., Escorpizo, R., Endres, N. K., Michener, L. A., and M. J. Failla. “Clinician Expectations of Full Thickness Rotator Cuff Repair Surgical Outcomes”.
- Westervelt, K. C., Banks, L. M., Carney, C. A., Magoon, A. B., McGovern, M., Sibold, J., Crane, L., and W. A. Hing. “An Innovative Model of International Clinical Mentoring for Physical Therapists”.
- Cermenaro J. M., Hoza, B., Meyer L. E., Shoulberg, E. K., Martin, C., Pirog, A., and C. L. Tompkins. “Compliance with the Physical Activity Guideline for Preschool-Age Children”.
- Dee, J., and S. Henry. “Psychosocial factors associated with disability in patients with chronic low back pain”.
- Weisbecker, G. A., and K. Westervelt. “Pre-Exercise Soaking in Warm Water – Effects on Physiology and Performance”.
- Worth, S. “Injury incidence in cross-country skiers”.
- Warshaw, A., Holm, A., McCuin, T., and S. Henry. “Psychologically Informed Practice Training Changes Physical Therapists’ Attitudes and Beliefs about Chronic Pain”.
For more information, email Gilberto.Diaz-Santos@uvm.edu or call (802) 656-2216.