First-Year Undergraduate Applicants
In addition to university entrance requirements (four years of English, three years of math, two years of a foreign language, three years of a natural or physical science including a lab, and three years of social sciences), College of Nursing and Health Sciences applicants must complete the following:
- one year of biology
- one year of chemistry
- four years of math, including trigonometry or pre-calculus
- one year of physics (exercise and movement science applicants only)
Additional science course work in the senior year of high school is recommended for all programs. One year of physics is recommended for medical radiation sciences and athletic training program applicants.
Candidates for admission to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences must be able to perform certain essential functions. These include the capacity to observe and communicate; sufficient motor ability to perform physical diagnostic examinations and basic laboratory and clinical procedures; emotional stability to exercise good judgment and to work effectively in stressful situations; and intellectual ability to synthesize data and solve problems.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences welcomes qualified transfer applications from within UVM and from other accredited colleges and universities. Selection of applicants is competitive, and the opportunity to transfer into a major, even from within the university, is not assured. In addition to GPA, relevant volunteer or work experience in a clinical setting will be taken into consideration in the selection process.
Transfer information by program
Spring 2019 Transfer Group Drop-In Sessions
Drop in when you can to learn more about a program or the transfer process. All sessions take place in Rowell Building room 001 unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 16, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 28, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 27, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Mar. 7, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Mar. 18, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Apr. 2, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Apr. 15, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Apr. 16, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Apr. 17, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Apr. 18, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 1, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 656-3858 for details.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences offers advanced degrees in communication sciences and disorders, medical laboratory science, nursing, physical activity and wellness science, physical therapy and human functioning and rehabilitation science. Learn more about graduate study options >>
Admission information by program
Graduate program open houses and information sessions are held throughout the year. Please contact email@example.com for details.
CNHS students will be notified about college-specific scholarships for which they are eligible.