Requirements for the Emergency Medical Services minor involve 17 credit hours including HLTH 003 - Medical Terminology (2 credits) and HLTH 153 - Emergency Medical Technician (6 credits); and nine elective credits selected from the following:
- HLTH 051 - Wilderness First Responder (3 credits)
- HLTH 195 - Intermediate Special Topics (3 credits)
- HLTH 197 - EMS Teaching Assistant (3 credits)
- HLTH 257 - Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (6 credits)
- SURG 200 - Emergency Medical Research I (4 credits)
- SURG 201 - Emergency Medical Research II (4 credits)
The minor is available to all UVM degree students and provides an opportunity to focus on advanced practice, teaching, or research. For more information contact email@example.com.