Handbooks, Forms, and Policies | College of Nursing and Health Sciences | The University of Vermont(title)

Undergraduate and graduate handbooks for all CNHS programs are available below. Please refer to the handbook corresponding to year of program entry.

Graduate Handbooks



Security Policy

To help assure the safety and security of persons and property throughout Rowell Building and the academic health center, all faculty, staff, and students of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences will be required to wear personal identification in the form of the UVM Cat Card while in Rowell, Given, the Health Sciences Research Facility, the Medical Education Center, Dana Library, or UVM Medical Center. The College of Nursing and Health Sciences will provide a lanyard for the purpose of wearing the identification card on the body, but identification cards may be pinned to clothing if preferred. Students, staff, and faculty are responsible for replacement of lanyards and CAT cards if lost.

Students and faculty wearing UVMMC picture identification do not need to display both the UVMMC and CAT card, but should be able to produce both identifications if requested. While the buildings are open to the public during the day, during hours when buildings are locked, all CNHS personnel, students, faculty and staff, are requested to be alert to unauthorized visitors and to notify campus police services for follow-up.

Approved by the Chairs' Council: December 9, 2010. Effective: January 18, 2011

Student Concern Policy

There are many avenues available for students to discuss concerns or provide suggestions about different aspects of the undergraduate or graduate program. Here are the mechanisms provided to address your concerns:

  1. Discuss your concern with the relevant party. Meeting directly with the person whose classroom, supervisory or administrative policy or action is in question is always the best first step since it addresses the concern where it arises.
  2. Discuss your concern with your advisor. If discussions with the relevant party prove unsuccessful, or if you feel more comfortable speaking to your advisor, he or she will be happy to speak with you confidentially.
  3. Discuss your concern with the Department Chair. The Department Chair will be glad to meet with you to discuss concerns that you may have about any aspect of your program. If you wish to discuss concerns that pertain to a specific faculty or staff member your decision about confidentiality will be respected.
  4. Contact the Office of Student Services in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
  • You may send an email directly to the Office of Student Services administrator requesting that she share your concern anonymously with the Chair of your department, Graduate Program Director, or both depending on the concern. 
  • You may request a meeting with the Office of Student Services administrator to share your concern and dialog about how to resolve it. This step represents an action that goes beyond the Department and might be helpful if you are concerned about basic Department policy that may differ from the College guidelines or if you believe the Department mechanism would not be sufficient. 
  • You may complete the online student concern form.
  1. Address your concern to the relevant accrediting body. This step can be achieved by contacting the organization and should be used only in cases where very serious concerns are raised about important Departmental policies, or the handling of a particular concern.
  • Communication Sciences and Disorders: American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Council of Academic Accreditation (CAA). 1-800-498-2071 or 301-897-5700 or by e-mail at accreditation@asha.org.
  • Physical Therapy: Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education  
  • Medical Laboratory Science: National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science
  • Nursing: The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate program at the University of Vermont are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
  • Radiation Therapy: Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
  • Students with a grievance about a course grade should follow the instructions outlined in the UVM Grade Appeal Policy.
Computer Allocation/Reallocation Policy

The CNHS Computer Allocation and Reallocation Policy (PDF) outlines the criteria required for the CNHS Dean’s Office to purchase a workstation for a faculty or staff member and to state how used equipment is to be managed by IT staff.