Wade Carson is a clinical assistant professor of medical radiation sciences and director of the Radiation Therapy program. Professor Carson comes to UVM from Vancouver, Washington, where he was a practice manager for multiple family medicine clinics. Prior to this, Professor Carson worked in Eugene, Oregon as an oncology research manager and human protections administrator for radiation oncology, medical oncology, gynecologic oncology and hematology oncology Phase I, II, & III clinical trials.
Prior to health care administration, he practiced radiation therapy at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire and at Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center in Eugene, Oregon. Students have always been a part of the clinics where he has worked, and seeing people grow has been a highlight of his career. He has served on committees with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and American Society for Radiologic Technologists (ASRT), and has been on academic advisory boards for various programs. His teaching interests are in radiologic sciences, health care administration, and clinical research. Professor Carson is committed to working with students in the classroom and clinic to ensure that students feel competent in providing safe and effective patient care.
- Vermont Society of Radiologic Technologists Fall Conference, Rutland, VT. "How IGRT has Improved the Delivery of Radiation Therapy". October 2019
- New England Society of Radiation Therapists Spring Conference, Concord, NH. “Radiation research of GBM, a grim disease with a poor prognosis. A synopsis of more recent RTOG trials that have changed patient survival”. (2017).
- Department of Rehabilitation and Movement Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT. “Medical Imaging for the Athletic Trainer” (Interdisciplinary Education Lecture). (2016)
- New England Society of Radiation Therapists Spring Conference, Foxborough, MA. “Fraud and Abuse in Radiation Oncology: A Case Study Approach”. (2016).
- US Oncology Research Central Office, The Woodlands, TX. “Opportunities and Challenges in Clinical Research: A Site’s Perspective”. (2013).
- Oregon Society of Medical Assistants State Conference, Eugene, OR. “Miracles in Medicine: A Clinical Research Perspective”. (2012).
- Oregon Society of Medical Assistants State Conference, Eugene, OR. “Miracles in Medicine: A Radiation Therapist Perspective”. (2012).
- Oregon Society of Medical Assistants State Conference, Eugene, OR. “Principles of Radiation Therapy”. (2008).
- Willamette Valley Cancer Center, Eugene, OR. “Principles of Radiation Therapy & Radiation Billing”. (2005 & 2006).
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH. Head & Neck Cancer Survivorship Meeting. “Understanding Radiation Treatment for Head & Neck Cancer”. (2003).
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH. Oncology nursing continuing education, 3 lectures. “Principles of Radiation Therapy for Registered Nurses”. (2002).