We work with school and district partners to transform education by:
- Embedding coaches in schools to help develop and implement a sustainable vision for change.
- Placing students at the center, positioning teachers as researchers, and establishing schools as hubs of innovation.
- Supporting schools to cultivate learning environments that prioritize the wellbeing of students and educators.
- Helping schools connect to vibrant learning opportunities in their local communities.
- Assisting school partners in identifying and disrupting injustice.
- Sharing what we learn with our school partners to spread innovation and promising practices.
We have worked with over 70 schools, including 7 district-wide partnerships, and over 2000 educators. We’re changing the narrative about what’s possible in schools through research and storytelling. Our learning is shared via peer-reviewed journals, national research presentations, and through using online multimedia stories, and social media. We share stories that spread innovative practices, amplify student and teacher voices, and demonstrate that school change is possible.
The UVM Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education is made possible by funding from the Richard E. and Deborah L. Tarrant Foundation.