Justin D Thunderbear, a Native American, lives in Northeastern Vermont. He is a proud member of the Clan of the Hawk. He has been elected two times to Tribal Council and in 2019 he was elected Assistant Chief. Justin is passionate about teaching Abenaki history. “I was born into this life and heritage. I can’t wait to teach. It’s an honor.” An Abenaki elder told him.
Finbar Ciappara is a young man who uses an iPad to communicate. For years he had a dream to be a professional Santa Claus. "I love spreading magic and joy to all the children of the world." This is his story of how that dream came true. This video was produced in partnership with Green Mountain Self Advocates (2019).
People with developmental disabilities from Green Mountain Self-Advocates describe self-advocacy and self-determination.
- Life Histories Clip: Nothing About Us Without Us
- Life Histories Clip: Inclusion of People with Developmental Disabilities
- Life Histories Clip: Dignity of Risk
- Tiffany Martinez's Life History
- Randy Lizotte's Life History
- Nicole Villemaire's Life History
- Meghan Lamoureaux's Life History
- Life History of Raymond Gordon
- Kristofor Medina's Life History
- Kaiya Andrews' Life History
- 1 of 2
- next ›