Justin D Thunderbear, a Native American, lives in Northeastern Vermont. He is a proud member of the Clan of the Hawk. He has been elected two times to Tribal Council and in 2019 he was elected Assistant Chief. Justin is passionate about teaching Abenaki history. “I was born into this life and heritage. I can’t wait to teach. It’s an honor.” An Abenaki elder told him.
Finbar Ciappara is a young man who uses an iPad to communicate. For years he had a dream to be a professional Santa Claus. "I love spreading magic and joy to all the children of the world." This is his story of how that dream came true. This video was produced in partnership with Green Mountain Self Advocates (2019).
People with developmental disabilities from Green Mountain Self-Advocates describe self-advocacy and self-determination.
- David Frye's Life History
- The Power of Max Barrows: A Life History
- The Life History of Raymond Gordon
- Pat Broughton - Older Vermonters with Disabilities
- Don Shover - Older Vermonters with Disabilities
- Christine Lamphere - Older Vermonters with Disabilities
- Sue Aichroth: A Self Advocate Takes Charge
- Sharon Henault: One Hot Advocate!
- Herman Goldberg of Rutland Vermont is a man of action
- Grace LaChance's Life Story
- ‹ previous
- 2 of 2