Reclaiming our Passion for Education:
Ensuring Safe and Nurturing Environments for our Students and Ourselves
June 27 - 30, 2022
Killington Grand Hotel, Killington, VT
(Registration materials available March 7, 2022)
The BEST/VTmtss Summer Institute provides opportunities for school teams of educators, caregivers/family members, students, and community stakeholders to share and learn strategies for improving and strengthening the systems, data, and practices within Vermont’s multi-tiered system of supports (VTmtss).
This year’s Summer Institute is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of you and your school teams in a retreat-like experience. We acknowledge the challenges of the last couple of years and have embedded opportunities for self-reflection, experiential learning, and various wellness experiences. In addition to a week of high-quality professional learning, participants will have several options to collaborate and share best practices with schools across the state. You and your school teams will find time to play, laugh, and celebrate each other and the work you do every day to support your students.
At this time, we are planning to hold the event in person at the Killington Grand Resort Hotel and will follow all recommended COVID-19 safety guidelines. We’ll let you know this Spring if any changes are anticipated due to COVID concerns.
- While individuals must attend the Institute as members of a school team, each person needs to register separately. Once registration materials are posted online March 7th, each team member must complete the online registration form by the due date, April 8th. Please identify one member of your team to list as Team Leader on your individual registration form.
- Deadline for individual registration is April 8th or until the Institute is full. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, so encourage all team members to register early.
- Invoices are automatically generated at time of registration (as part of your confirmation). Payment due date for all team members is June 10th. Strand and workshop confirmations will be sent the week of June 13th.
Cost per Team Member – $650:
- The per person registration fee includes Institute presentations, most program materials, special activities, and morning refreshments and lunches (excludes lodging and dinners).
- If you plan to have students and/or a caregiver/family member join as a part of your school team, they can attend at no cost (please contact Anne Dubie).
- For reservations at The Killington Grand Resort, call 1-800-282-9955 and mention the BEST/VTmtss Summer Institute for a special rate of approximately $160 double occupancy per night.
Please see links below for more information:
Please contact Anne Dubie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.