The Johnson House at the University of Vermont, May 2016

Image credit: Niranjan Arminius

Johnson House once was at the corner of Main Street and University Place. UVM's Morril Hall now stands in its place. 





Johnson House was orginally built in 1806 for Moses Catlin. In 1809 it was sold to Vermont's first surveyor, John Johnson. Johnson, a designer and engineer, oversaw the building of Grasse Mount and Old Mill on UVM Campus in 1804 and 1824-9.