Staff Council News
Staffline: September Edition
This month's Staffline is filled with lots of great information about upcoming events, discounts for employees, and educational opportunities within our community. Take the time to click on the links below to learn more.
Remember, if you print any of the information found in Staffline, please choose the double sided or multiple page option on your printer to reduce paper usage.
Please consider following the Staff Council on Twitter and/or Facebook or bookmark our RSS feed to find out the latest from Staff Council.
EDUCATION OUTREACH CAMPAIGN
Educate Yourself. Make a Decision. Vote!
The Vermont Labor Relations Board (VLRB), in consultation with the University and both petitioning unions, has determined that the election for a possible bargaining unit composed of clerical, technical and specialized employees will take place over a two-day period on Tuesday, September 18 and Wednesday, September 19, 2012, in Marsh Lounge, Billings Hall. Eligible employees may cast a vote between 7:30 AM and 5:30 PM on either day. The election will be by secret ballot.
The Notice of Election and the Official List of all employee eligible to vote in the election are posted on the Informed Choice website. Informed Choice will continue to be the place to find the latest information related to the election.
Staff Council will be distributing another informational flyer to all non-represented staff through campus mail prior to the election dates. This flyer will serve as a reminder to take the time to learn more about your choices, the election process, and union organizing. If you are eligible to vote, you need to vote so your voice is heard. Otherwise, a decision could be made that does not represent your views.
Information for Staff
- Staff Council Sponsored Discounts and Events
Staff Appreciation Week: September 10-14
Human Resource Services News
- Vermont Labor Relations Board Election Update
- Biometric Screening for UVM Employees
- Late Afternoon Yoga for Faculty and Staff
- Wellness Corporation September's Wellness Newsletter
Diversity and Equity Unit Upcoming Events
- Visit our website to learn how you can get involved in Staff Council. Our next Staff Council meeting is Tuesday, October 2, 2012 from 12:05pm - 1:30pm in the Davis Center, Livak Ballroom.
- The deadline for the October Edition of Staffline is Friday, September 14, 2012. This edition will be distributed on October 1, 2012. For more information about submission guidelines and deadlines, please visit the Staffline webpage.