The University of Vermont has recently moved its email and calendaring services to Microsoft Exchange. The following guide will walk you through the initial setup of Outlook 2016. If you’ve already added your primary Exchange account to Outlook and need help adding a secondary mail account, please see this guide.
If you do not already have Outlook installed on your PC, please see these articles before continuing.
- Get Office 365 (personally owned devices) Student, Faculty and Staff
- Get Office 2016 (UVM owned devices) PC
Configuring Outlook 2016 for your UVM Exchange Account – PC
- Click the “Start” button. In the Search field, type “Control Panel”. Click the “Control Panel” icon that appears in the search results.
- In the “Control Panel” window, make sure that the “View by” settings are set to “Large Icons”. This setting is located near the top right window of the Control Panel window.
- The items within “Control Panel” are listed in alphabetical order. Scroll through the list and find the “Mail (32 bit)” icon. Double-click the “Mail (32 bit)” icon to open the Mail Profile settings.
- From the “Mail” settings window, click the “Add” button.
- When creating a new profile, you’ll be asked to give it a name. It is best practice to name the profile with your first and last name. Once you’ve named your new profile, click “OK” to continue.
- The next window will ask you for information about your account. If you’re logged in to a CAMPUS domain joined computer using your NetID credentials, this step may auto-populate your information. If your information is not auto-populated you’ll need to enter it manually.
- If prompted, enter your NetID password, then click “OK“.
- Your account settings will be checked and verified. Once this process has successfully completed, click “Finish”.
- Your profile has been successfully added to your machine. You can now launch the Outlook email client. Click the “Start” button and enter “Outlook” in the search field. Click on the Outlook icon displayed in the search results.
That’s it. You’ve successfully created an Outlook profile for your UVM Exchange Account.