Student-Run Community Service Organizations
- Volunteers in Action (VIA): The largest student-run volunteer organization on campus, with over 16 groups devoted to community service related to diverse social issues (including mentoring, Alternative Breaks, environmental education, and poverty relief).
- Other Student Government Association clubs: Over ten other student groups focus on service to the off-campus community.
- Alpha Phi Omega (APO): This is a coed service-based fraternity.
- Greek Life: All sororities and fraternities have philanthropy and service goals, and many participants volunteer regularly.
- The Campus Kitchen at UVM: Students garden and salvage food from campus dining and prepare meals at the local Food Shelf, as well as teach nutrition classes.
Last modified January 07 2013 12:55 PM