The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) recently awarded $20 million to the National Center for Sustainable Transportation (NCST) to study transportation’s effects on the environment. The University of Vermont (UVM), one of the original members of the NCST consortium, will play a key role in research focused on sustainable and equitable solutions to rural...
Meet Emma Spett, Office of Engagement Data Maven
When the University of Vermont UVM launched the Office of Engagement (OoE) in 2020, providing data to Vermont businesses and non-profits in support of economic and community development was identified as a vital service. Data services was seen as a key support to two of the office’s pillars: economic and workforce development.
Noelle Mesbah '22: Making Vermont home
Noelle Mesbah ’22 grew up in central New Jersey near Newark but one of her favorite places was Vermont, where she and family members skied during the winter. When she began her college search, the University of Vermont was top of mind—besides the familiar idyllic outdoor landscape, UVM had a strong environmental studies program.
- Sweethearts from GSB: Then and Now
- UVM’s new Institute for Agroecology aims to ‘Revolutionize Research Enterprise’
- Vermont’s Food Waste Laws are Popular, But Vexing Issues Remain
- New UVM Institute Will Help Vermont’s Rural Communities Thrive
- Office of Engagement welcomes two newcomers
- Putting it all together: Sophie Regina finds her niche through local internship
- Vermont Global Exchange and UVM Office of Engagement organize sustainability discussion and tribute to co-founder Jackie McMakin
- Office of Engagement makes new connections in St. Albans and Franklin County
- Greening the Future with Verde Technologies
- Office of Engagement at Tech Jam
- 1 of 8
- next ›