Multiple Partnership Opportunities
University of Vermont students, faculty, and staff connect with the greater Burlington community through multiple programs and partnerships. Browse below for short descriptions and links to the following diverse offices, programs, and departments regarding their primary functions students, faculty or staff, and community members. Read our overview of community engagement opportunities at UVM (PDF).
Student-community connections in action
- Student-run community service organizations: Volunteer clubs (35+) led by students address social justice issues, build community, and provide direct service in partnerships with local non-profit organizations.
- Student Life volunteer programs: The Department of Student Life's Leadership and Civic Engagement Programs supports student clubs and gets the word out to students about community involvement opportunities and requests. If you're a student and want to take action, or a community member with a community service request, this is for you.
- Academic service-learning and research programs: The Community-University Partnerships and Service-Learning (CUPS) Office, the Dewey House for Civic Engagement and various academic departments connect faculty, students, and community groups for service and learning partnerships for the public good.
- Internship and employment programs: Career Services supports students and employers in on- and off-campus positions, academic internships for credit, and the job exploration process. Employers and businesses with internship opportunities can connect with student candidates through Career Services.
- Student-neighbor relations: The Office of Campus Planning Services keeps you in the know about on-campus building and planning. The Office of Student and Community Relations supports students living off-campus, and foster connections with UVM's neighbors; they can help you locate off-campus housing, resolve concerns with roommates, landlords, or neighbors, and make positive connections across the on- and off-campus community.
- Government and community relations: The University Relations Office connects the university to local, state and national leaders; government officials and community members. Learn more about local community resources.
Last modified January 07 2013 12:55 PM