Pre-Med & Pre-Health Advising
Stay in the loop:
- Join the Health Professions Interest Group (HPIG) through Handshake
- Visit the HPIG website and check out the Events, Jobs, & Resources feeds
- Subscribe to the Pre-Health listserv
- Join a UVM pre-health professions Student Club
- Browse the resources on this website
- Appointments are limited during Spring semester. Bring your questions to HPIG Drop-Ins Monday 1:00pm – 5:00 pm at The Hub, Davis Center
- Extra drop-Ins for 1st year students with HPIG Peer Leaders are on Wednesdays 2:00 – 4:00 pm at The Hub, Davis Center
- If needed, follow-up after attending Drop-Ins by Scheduling an appointment
Considering application to medical/dental school in the upcoming cycle?
Use Application Support pages to find information about the Health Professions Portfolio (HPP) and Committee Letter Process (CLP). Enrollment begins in early Fall semester for those applying to medical/dental school the following June.
First year students:
- Work with your academic advisor to plan your course of study, taking into account the prerequisite courses relevant to your career choice
- Pre-medical advising is available at HPIG Drop-In Hours and with HPIG Peer Leaders (see above)
- Self-schedule general career advising appointments through Handshake
- Consider applying to the Pre-Medical Enhancement Program.
Last modified January 17 2020 01:25 PM