Kerry Castano is the Assistant Provost and the Provost’s Chief of Staff. Before joining the Office of the Provost in 2009, she served as Assistant Dean in the College of Arts and Sciences for more than two decades. Kerry holds an M.Ed. in Educational Administration and an MFA in Creative Writing.
The Assistant Provost and Chief of Staff’s Responsibilities Include:
- Executive support for the Provost’s strategic agenda and initiatives
- Executive support for academic budget planning; management of the Provost’s financial resources and commitments
- Preparation of university-level communications
- Liaison to the Educational Policy and Institutional Resources Committee of the Board of Trustees
- University Catalogue and Course Action Process
- Policy review and compliance efforts