The University of Vermont is closely monitoring circumstances related to the coronavirus.

For travel-related questions see our FAQs (PDF).

Travelers or their departmental staff are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. 

UVM does not have an in-house or contracted third-party travel agency.

Policy Requirements

See the Travel Policy for a definition of "Eligible Travelers" for expense reimbursement and full details of allowable and unallowable expenses for airfare, lodging, car rentals, and other ground transportation.

See the Automobile Rental University Operating Procedure (PDF) and UVM's contracted suppliers for more details about car rentals.

Employee Travel Arrangements

  • The traveler or their delegate (e.g., department administrative staff) is responsible for booking travel.
  • A University Purchasing Card (PurCard) should be used whenever possible .
    • For conference registrations, if a PurCard is not accepted or available for payment, please submit a Check Request Form to the Disbursement Center for pre-payment. Payments made with personal funds will be reimbursed after the conference has occurred.
  • If a traveler chooses to pay for travel arrangements personally instead of using a UVM PurCard, they will be reimbursed only after returning from the trip.

Non-Employee Travel Arrangements

  • For prospective employees, independent contractors, consultants, foreign visiting scholars, and volunteers, departments may choose whether to arrange travel using a UVM PurCard, or submit a Check Request form which requires departments to receive receipts from the individual.
  • For guest speakers, departments may use a UVM PurCard, a Check Request form (departments will need to include the individual's receipts), or include it on the requisition accompanied by the Speaker Engagement Letter.