If you are developing or renovating any buildings on the property, you'll likely need an Act 250 permit and a public building permit (or if sufficiently small, a small construction permit).

For determining whether or not you will need to submit an Act 250 application, contact a district coordinator.

For projects that are subject to Act 250 review, an applicant could seek a Criterion 9(B) review letter from the Agency of Agriculture Food and Markets addressing any proposed impacts to primary agricultural soils or whether mitigation is recommended.