Areas of Interest:
Strategic communications and media discourse, public policy, energy use and transportation behavior, citizen participation
Richard A. Watts is an interdisciplinary scholar whose research focuses on the relationships between public communications and policy outcomes. Richard examines the role of strategic communications in the development and implementation of public policy related to energy, transportation and public health. This research builds on his experience as a policy and communication professional in public policy and political campaigns, as a journalist and a consultant to government agencies, advocacy organizations and business groups. Richard teaches courses in research methods, public policy and transportation and energy planning.
- Ph.D. Natural Resource Planning, University of Vermont, 2006
- M.A. Newspaper Journalism, Syracuse University, 1989
- B.A. Political Science, State University of New York at Cortland,1985
- Community Development and Applied Economics Dept., UVM
- Transportation Research Center, UVM