The goal of the Vermont Continence Project is to promote positive, person-centered, science-driven toileting supports for Vermont’s children and youth.
To do this, we provide consultation, training, and resources aimed at reducing chronic incontinence.
The Vermont Continence Project works to:
- Collect and share resources about continence and toilet-learning. Materials are relevant for parents/caregivers, educators and school teams, child care providers, health care and mental health providers, and students/individuals with or without disabilities.
- Provide support and consultation to individuals, schools, agencies, teams, and families who are working to develop and implement toileting programs.
- Provide parent and team workshops and trainings statewide to support those working on toilet-learning goals.
- Collaborate with agencies, schools, and organizations statewide with the goal of mastering toileting skills as a priority for all children and young adults
- Respect and honor each individual’s personal goals, using a Self-Determination framework of participation.