UVM Undergraduate Research
UVM’s science faculty are both professors AND professional researchers – this benefits you! Any UVM student can pursue research credit in any affiliated College or Program within UVM. Biological Science majors can apply up to 6 credits of biologically-related research to their advanced life-science elective requirement. Levels of involvement include apprenticing, participating in the faculty member's (or their graduate student's) research, or developing a research project of your own. Peruse faculty research interests below.
UVM's Office of Fellowships, Opportunities, and Undergraduate Research advises students in finding faculty to work with, as well as how to contact these faculty members. They also have various funding opportunities for research expenses, summer support, and travel grants for research conferences.
Links to departmental Research pages:
- Biology and Biology faculty
- Environmental Sciences
- Plant Biology
- Animal Science
- Plant & Soil Science
- Microbiology & Molecular Genetics
- Cellular, Molecular, and Biomedical Sciences faculty & graduate students
- Neurological Sciences & Neuroscience Graduate Students
- Research in the College of Medicine
- ... and more! Go to any department's page to find information on its faculty's research interests.