Staff Council News
Staffline: May Edition
This month's Staffline is filled with lots of great information about upcoming events, discounts for employees, and educational opportunities within our community.
UVM FY14 Proposed Budget
Staff Council has remained engaged in discussion around UVM's budget throughout the past academic year so as to better understand the University's priorities and challenges. We wanted to share with you UVM's FY14 Budget Proposal which will be reviewed and voted on during the Board of Trustees Meeting on May 17-18, 2013. Click here to learn more about the budget proposal and what this means for non-represented staff salary increases.
If you have questions or concerns about the FY14 Budget Proposal, please contact the Staff Council at Staff.Council@uvm.edu by Tuesday, May 14, 2013. This will enable us to summarize and incorporate those thoughts in to our address to the Board of Trustees on Friday, May 17, 2013.
Take the time to click on all the links below to learn more about
news and events of interest to UVM staff.
Remember, if you print any of the information found in Staffline, please choose the double sided or multiple page option on your printer to reduce paper usage.
Please consider following the Staff Council on Twitter and/or Facebook or bookmark our RSS feed to stay connected to the latest news from Staff Council.
Information From Staff Council
A Note from University of Vermont President, Tom Sullivan
Staff Council Standing Committee Reports
UVM FY14 Proposed Budget
- Learn about UVM's FY14 Proposed Budget from Staff Council's Update. This includes information on proposed non-represented staff salary increases and much more. If you have questions or concerns on the proposed budget that you would like Staff Council to know about, send them to Staff.Council@uvm.edu by May 14, 2013 so we can summarize and incorporate those thought in to our address to the Board of Trustees on Friday, May 17, 2013.
Get Involved with Staff Council
- Visit our website to learn how you can get involved in Staff Council. Our next Staff Council meeting is Tuesday, May 7, 2013 from 12:05pm - 1:30pm in the Davis Center, Livak Ballroom. We will have presentations from Student Climate Culture and the Socially Responsible Investing Advisory Council about recent discussions on divestment from fossil fuels. We will also consider a recommendation on Nursing Mother Facilities and our Annual Update letter to the Administration.
Staff Council Representative Election Results
- Elections for Staff Council Representatives were held in the month of April. Click here to learn who are our new Representatives and see which Units/Divisions or Colleges still have openings.
Staff Council Sponsored Discounts and Events
Staff Council Sponsored Discounts
Staff Council Sponsored Events
- Vermont Lake Monsters Game and Barbecue
Join us on Friday, June 21, 2013 for a night out at Centennial Field to cheer on the Vermont Lake Monsters and enjoy a delicious Barbecue dinner. This event is open to UVM employees and their families. Click here for more information.
Human Resource Services News
New Benefits Info for Faculty, Staff and Retirees
In preparation for Benefits Open Enrollment (May1-31), Human Resource Services has published up-to-date benefits materials on the HRS website. Click here for more information
Summary of Healthcare Benefits and Coverage
The federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) requires UVM to provide healthcare plan participants and their beneficiaries with a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) describing each available group health insurance plan. This will allow individuals to easily compare available plans in preparation for a variety of plans being made available on the Vermont Health Benefit Exchange (the statewide health insurance marketplace). Click here for more information.
New Care Management for Mental Health and Substance Abuse
The Wellness Corporation provides UVM employees and their families with mental health and substance abuse care. Depending on the individual's needs, The Wellness Corporation creates connections with long-term care through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont (BCBSVT) where care management transitions to BCBSVT's care management program. BCBSVT is changing its Mental Health and Substance Abuse care management program. With the goal of improving service they have partnered with the Brattleboro Retreat to form Vermont Collaborative Care, the organization that will handle UVM's mental health and substance abuse care management beginning July 1, 2013. Click here to learn more about this change.
New Professional Development Classes Announced
HRS Learning Services is pleased to announce a brand-new schedule of workshops and classes for FY 2014. Click here to learn more about these opportunities and find out how to register.
- Staffline Deadlines and Distribution Date
The deadline for the June Edition of Staffline is Friday, May 17, 2013. This edition will be distributed on June 3, 2013. For more information about submission guidelines and deadlines, please visit the Staffline webpage.