Request Confidentiality (Directory Exclusion)

While most information about you is kept confidential, some information is considered “directory information”and may be publicly shared (for a complete list of what is considered "directory information" click here).

You can request your records be kept confidential on the Display/Update Preferred First Name and Pronoun page in Banner SIS. To access that page log in to myUVM and select the "Change Your Preferred First Name & Pronoun" link from the Personal Information channel.

You can also request we not release any information, including directory information.In person at the Student Service Center in Waterman. Be aware that if you choose to make your record confidential we will not be able to verify your enrollment or degree to a third party without your written signature.

You may request that your record be made confidential at any time.