The Vermont Space Grant Consortium (VTSGC) is part of a national network of colleges and universities. VTSGC works to expand opportunities for Vermonters to understand and participate in NASA's aeronautics and space projects by supporting and enhancing science and engineering education, research and public outreach efforts. VTSGC funds NASA internships, fellowships and scholarships for students pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), curriculum and faculty development, as well as informal education through our museum partners.
- Contribute to the nation's science enterprise by funding education, research and public engagement projects through a national network of university-based Space Grant consortia.
- Establish and maintain a national network of universities.
- Encourage cooperative programs among universities; aerospace industry; and Federal, state and local governments.
- Encourage interdisciplinary education, research and public service programs related to aerospace.
- Recruit and train U.S. citizens, especially women, underrepresented minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Promote a strong science, mathematics and technology education base from elementary through secondary levels.