Stay connected with the latest details of the Retirement Savings Plan Transition. All documents and information released to the UVM community will be located on this page for the duration of the transition. If you have any questions please contact our benefits team.
TIAA Updates and Information
TIAA: Contact Information
|In Person||Schedule a one-on-one advice session by calling TIAA at 800-732-8353, weekdays, 8:00AM to 8:00PM (ET), or visit the TIAA website to schedule now. There is no additional cost to you for this service.|
|Phone||Call TIAA at 800-842-2252, weekdays 8:00AM to 10:00PM, and Saturdays 9:00AM to 6:00PM (ET).|
|Online||Update your account online by visiting the TIAA website and select login.|
Fidelity Updates & Information
Fidelity: Contact Information
|In Person||Schedule a one-on-one advice session by calling Fidelity at 800-642-7131, weekdays, 8:00AM to midnight (ET), or visit the Fidelity website to schedule now. There is no additional cost to you for this service.|
|Phone||Call Fidelity at 800-343-0860, weekdays 8:00AM to midnight (ET).|
|Online||Update your account online by visiting the Fidelity website and select login.|
Effective on April 7, 2020, Prudential will no longer be a recordkeeper within the UVM 403(b) Retirement Plan (the Plan). As a part of the streamlining of the Plan and with the help of our independent investment advisor, Cammack Retirement Group, the decision has been made to transition all Prudential accounts to a new Fidelity account in the second quarter of 2020. You do have the choice to proactively move your current account to Fidelity or TIAA before 4:00 p.m. on April 7, 2020.
Throughout the retirement savings transition, we will provide pertinent information via the FAQ document below. If you have questions, view this document. It will be helpful in explaining the steps of this process and the potential outcomes.
Retirement Oversight Committee Responsibilities
The UVM Retirement Oversight Committee
- Responsible for active oversight of the UVM retirement plan, its record keepers and all investment funds offered.
- Meet quarterly to monitor the plan’s record keepers, participant communications, regulatory compliance and investment fund performance.
- Common duties of a retirement plan sponsor and referred to as fiduciary responsibilities.
- The goal is to provide employees with the best performing funds available in the market based on long term performance indicators.
- Decide what funds will be offered moving forward.
- Monitor fund performance on a quarterly basis with information and data provided by our retirement plan advisor, Cammack Retirement Group.
Cammack Retirement Group
- Cammack is entirely independent and receives no commissions from the retirement record keepers or the investment fund managers.
- UVM pays them as an independent adviser to help the university best manage the responsibilities of sponsoring an employee retirement savings plan.
- The adviser fees are not charged to employees or the retirement plans.