The Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative is governed by a Steering Committee that encompasses key partners from across the region. The Steering Committee is supported in the setting of regional priorities and the execution of regional work by a State Partnership Committee in each participating state.
When the Vermont Monitoring Cooperative expanded to become the Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative, it did so by expanding its committee structure, and thus there are some committees that are still being formed. This page will be updated as those committees come together.
Provides guidance on program policy, regional priorities, and the strategic direction for FEMC.
- Constance Carpenter Field Representative, USDA Forest Service, State and Private Forestry
- Peter Church Director of Forest Stewardship, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Heidi Hales Director, Air Quality and Climate Division, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
- Neil Kamman Senior Policy Advisor, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation - Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Nancy Mathews Professor and Dean, Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources - University of Vermont
- Justin Perry Chief, Bureau of Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Mark Scott Director of Wildlife, VT Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Brad Simpkins Director/State Forester, New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands
- John Sinclair Forest Supervisor, Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests
- James Westfall Research Forester, USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
State Partnership Committees
Provides guidance on details of finance and program activities for each state, and contributes to development of regional goals and work plans for the Cooperative
Vermont State Partnership Committee
- John Austin Wildlife Biologist, Vermont Agency of Natural ResourcesJoshua Halman Forest Health Specialist, Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation - Vermont Agency of Natural ResourcesRebecca Harvey Environmental Technician, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation - Vermont Agency of Natural ResourcesWilliam Keeton Professor, University of Vermont, RSENRJames Kellogg Aquatic Biologist, VT Department of Environmental ConservationBennet Leon Environmental Analyst, Air Quality and Climate Division, Vermont Department of Environmental ConservationRandall Morin Research Forester, USDA Forest Service, Northern Research StationAngelica Quintana Soil Scientist, Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National ForestsBarbara Schultz State Forest Health Program Manager, VT Department of Forests, Parks, & RecreationBeverley Wemple Associate Professor, University of Vermont
New York State Partnership Committee
- Thomas Allgaier Invasive Species Coordinator, New York Department of Agriculture and MarketsJohn Bartow Executive Director, Empire State Forest Products AssociationColin Beier Associate Professor, SUNY-ESFCarrie Brown-Lima Director, New York Invasive Species Research InstituteJerry Carlson , New York State Department of Environmental ConservationTim Howard Director of Science, New York Natural Heritage Program