The Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative is governed by a Steering Committee that encompasses key partners from across the region. The Steering Committee is supported in the setting of regional priorities and the execution of regional work by a State Partnership Committee in each participating state.
When the Vermont Monitoring Cooperative expanded to become the Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative, it did so by expanding its committee structure, and thus there are some committees that are still being formed. This page will be updated as those committees come together.
Provides guidance on program policy, regional priorities, and the strategic direction for FEMC.
- Constance Carpenter Field Representative, USDA Forest Service, State and Private Forestry
- Peter Church Director of Forest Stewardship, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Heidi Hales Director, Air Quality and Climate Division, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
- Neil Kamman Program Manager, VT Department of Environmental Conservation
- Nancy Mathews Professor and Dean, University of Vermont
- Justin Perry Chief, Bureau of Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health, Division of Lands and Forestst, New York Department of Environmental Conservation
- Mark Scott Director of Wildlife, VT Department of Fish & Wildlife
- Brad Simpkins Director/State Forester, New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands, Department of Resources and Economic Development
- Steven Sinclair Director of Forests, VT Department of Forests, Parks, & Recreation
- John Sinclair Forest Supervisor, Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests
- Thomas Vogelmann Professor and Dean, University of Vermont
- James Westfall Research Forester, USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
State Partnership Committees
Provides guidance on details of finance and program activities for each state, and contributes to development of regional goals and work plans for the Cooperative
Vermont State Partnership Committee
- John Austin Wildlife Biologist, VT Department of Fish & WildlifeJoshua Halman Forest Health Specialist,Rebecca Harvey Environmental Technician,William Keeton Professor, University of Vermont, RSENRJames Kellogg Aquatic Biologist, VT Department of Environmental ConservationBennet Leon Environmental Analyst, Air Quality and Climate Division, Vermont Department of Environmental ConservationRandall Morin Research Forester, USDA Forest Service, Northern Research StationAngelica Quintana Soil Scientist, Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National ForestsBarbara Schultz State Forest Health Program Manager, VT Department of Forests, Parks, & RecreationBeverley Wemple Associate Professor, University of Vermont
New York State Partnership Committee
- John Bartow Executive Director, Empire State Forest Products AssociationColin Beier Associate Professor, Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management, SUNY-ESFCarrie Brown-Lima Director, New York Invasive Species Research InstituteJerry Carlson , Division of Lands and Forests, New York Department of Environmental ConservationTim Howard Director of Science, New York Natural Heritage ProgramGary Lovett Forest Ecologist, Cary Institute of Ecosystem StudiesJoan Mahoney Field Operations Manager, New York Department of Agriculture and Markets