Jeffords Hall Room 225
- (802) 656-2924
Advising Appointment Hours:
Monday 1:00 - 2:00pm and Thursday 11:00am - 12:00pm in Jeffords 225. Call 656-4055 to schedule.
Areas of Interest:
Agroecology, political ecology, agro-food systems, Participatory Action Research, environmental conservation in agricultural landscapes, rural livelihoods
Ernesto's research and teaching efforts focus on developing and applying interdisciplinary approaches that analyze interactions between agriculture, livelihoods, and biodiversity conservation in tropical and temperate rural landscapes. Most of my work also utilizes a Participatory Action Research Approach (PAR), in an effort to directly support conservation and rural development.
- Ph.D. Agroecology and Environmental Studies, University of California, Santa Cruz, 2004
- M.S. Agroforestry, Tropical Agriculture Research & Higher Education Center, Costa Rica, 1996
- B.S. in Crop Science, California Polytechnic State University, 1994
- Core Instructor, Annual International Agroecology Courses, CAN-UCSC
- Fellow, Gund Institute for Ecological Economics, University of Vermont
- Fellow, Center for Sustainable Agriculture, University of Vermont
- Adjunct Professor, Graduate Program in Agroecology, International University of Andalucia (UNIA), Spain
- Board Member and Researcher, ASINDEC, El Salvador
- Co-Director, Community Agroecology Network, Santa Cruz, CA