- This event has passed.
Teaching Writing-Intensive Courses Online
January 11 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pmFree
January 11 & 13*
This two-part workshop supports instructors in selecting and implementing strategies for teaching writing online (synchronously or asynchronously) and lays the foundation for exploring what online writing instruction looks like. We’ll overview approaches to teaching writing, focusing on structures for communicating expectations; options for giving meaningful, sustainable feedback; and possible strategies for synchronous and asynchronous writing and peer-review activities.
The January 11 session focuses on
- Establishing course clarity (conceptually and in Blackboard)
- Syllabi: what’s different for online courses?
- Organization: how to help you and students keep things straight
The January 13 session focuses on
- Empathetic presence: how to make online courses humane?
- Peer and instructor response: how to manage your workload and help students help each other?
- Reflective practice: how will you know things are working?
Facilitated by Susanmarie Harrington, Writing in the Disciplines
*If you don’t have time to attend both sessions, you are welcome to attend one or the other. Please register through the below link; your spot will be reserved for both days.
Please reserve this time on your calendar. You will receive a Microsoft Teams calendar invitation 1-2 days prior to your event explaining how to join and participate in the meeting. If you click “accept,” it will populate on your Teams calendar for easy access!