We're here to help! Call us at 800-649-2424
For over three decades, the Vermont Attorney General and UVM have worked together to help Vermont consumers and businesses. Find our consumer complaint form here.
Take a Class with Us!
In CDAE 159 (SL: CAP - Consumer Assistance Program) and an expanded CDAE 259 (SL: Consumer Law in Action) course, CAP students work directly with Vermonters. In a supportive service-learning environment, CAP students assist consumers and the public through outreach and education. CAP helps consumers and businesses resolve consumer problems through a complaint mediation service and helps connect callers to additional information and referral services.
CAP IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS INTERESTED IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE
- Help Vermonters
- Learn about state government
- Understand consumer rights
- Address pressing consumer issues
- Earn course credit while completing weekly service-learning hours
CAP is in the Community Development and Applied Economics Department on campus and provides students with hands-on applied learning opportunities.
- Both CDAE 159 and CDAE 259 cover a requirement for the following majors: Community Entrepreneurship, Community and International Development and Public Communication (Stategic Communication and for the Community and International Development minor.
- Take CDAE 159 one semester and then CDAE 259 the next to deepen your knowledge and experience and build your resume.
- CDAE 259 is approved for graduate credit.
We also have internships and work study opportunities!