Consumer Assistance Program : University of Vermont

University of Vermont

Consumer Hotline:  Toll Free In VT (800)649-2424 or (802) 656-3183

Complaint about an AGO Settlement

More help is available!

Department of Financial Regulation:  (888) 568-4547 handles banking, insurance, and securities complaints

Vermont Department of Public Service: (800) 622-4496 handles complaints against public utilities

Vermont Secretary of State: (800) 439-8683 handles complaints against licensed professionals

How do I file a consumer complaint?

To initiate letter mediation, please submit a written complaint.  CAP accepts complaints in writing via our on-line form, e-mail, fax or mail.  Please note that any information you submit to our office will be public record and will be FORWARDED TO THE BUSINESS named in your complaint.  When writing to us, please be sure to provide us with a brief summary of your complaint, your mailing address and daytime telephone number, and the address and phone number for the business named in your complaint.  If you send us any documents, please send us copies only, as we may not be able to return documents submitted to our office.

File online now:   ONLINE COMPLAINT FORM
Auto/Vehicle related? Use this form:  AUTO COMPLAINT FORM

E-mail us:

Send us a letter:
Office of the Attorney General
Consumer Assistance Program
109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-1001
FAX: (802) 304-1014 

Responding to or updating a complaint?

If you are a business responding to, or a consumer updating us on an existing complaint, you can use our ONLINE RESPONSE FORM.

Have questions about our complaint process?

Find answers to these questions on our Complaint FAQ's page:

Last modified July 29 2016 10:42 AM

Contact UVM © 2016 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131