Consumer Assistance Program : University of Vermont

University of Vermont

defaultbanner.html VT Attorney General's Consumer Assistance Program

Consumer Hotline:  Toll Free In VT (800)649-2424 or (802) 656-3183

Do you have a
We can help!


It's NOT the IRS Calling!
The IRS does not call to threaten arrest or demand payment by wire or gift card
WCAX Scam Story
Listen to the scam!
Report scams to the U.S. Treasury

Picture of Vermont State Seal

     Help for Consumers

The Office of the Attorney General's Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) helps Vermont consumers resolve disputes with businesses, protect themselves from fraud and access available services. In partnership with UVM, CAP operates a consumer hotline, mediates consumer disputes with businesses, tracks fraud and scam complaints and recovers thousands of dollars yearly for consumers. 

CAP accepts complaints in writing via our on-line form, e-mail, or mail.  Please note that any information you submit to our office is public record and will be FORWARDED TO THE BUSINESS named in your complaint.  

Contact us with any questions, concerns or requests for more information toll free in Vermont at (800) 649-2424 or at (802) 656-3183, or by e-mail.

Too many scam calls?

CAP has announced a limited, grant-funded pilot project to test call-blocking devices with up to 115 eligible Vermont seniors. Find out more about this test project on our Call Blocking page. Click below to view the WCAX Channel 3 News story:

Picture of CPR Call Blocker device 
  • Consumer Assistance Program, Vermont Attorney General's Office, 109 State St. Montpelier, VT 05609-1001
  • Email:
  • Toll Free in Vermont: (800) 649-2424
  • Outside of Vermont: (802) 656-3183
  • FAX: (802) 304-1014

Last modified October 24 2016 01:08 PM

Follow us on…

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
Contact UVM © 2016 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131