JOIN THE INTERPROFESSIONAL HEALTH STUDENT ORGANIZATION (IHSO)
The Interprofessional Health Student Organization (IHSO) provides an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to meet other students with a passion for team work and interprofessional practice.
"Interprofessional education occurs when two or more professions learn about, from and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes.” - World Health Organization, 2010
The Interprofessional Health Student Organization (IHSO) provides an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to meet and collaborate together on events and activities that promote interprofessional team work. The (IHSO) has a faculty advisor plus input from faculty from UVM Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences, Agriculture and Life Sciences, Education and Social Services, Larner College of Medicine, and the Albany College of Pharmacy. Students will become active members of the IHSO at the beginning of the fall semester of the academic year. The IHSO will meet once per month. If you have any questions, please contact Faculty Advisor: Danra Kazenski, Ph.D., CCC-SLP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend alternate Interprofessional Education Committee (IPEC) meetings with faculty
- Assist the IPEC with events and delegated tasks
- Attend IPEC meetings (alternating with the president)
- Assist the president with delegated tasks
- Plan one student IPE event with the help of the committee
- Collaborate with health-related student clubs to incorporate IPE into activities and events
Social Media Coordinator
- Manage a student Interprofessional Education Facebook page and provide resources to students through social media
Members are needed….Why Join?
- Professional development and leadership training
- Collaboration with an interprofessional group of students and faculty
- Experience in event planning, social media communication, and advertising to promote IPE activities
- Add interprofessional education training and practice experiences to your resume
- Win Awards: Dean’s IP Leadership Award or The AHEC IP Team Challenge Award