Beth Taylor-Nolan: An Abrupt Transition to Remote Learning: The Tenuous Educational Experiences of First-Generation College Students Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic
And just like that, on March 11th 2020, the university released a startling update informing the campus community that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person instruction would not resume after Spring Break and that all classes would shift immediately to remote instruction. What does remote instruction mean? What happened to these students as a result of the university’s sudden transition to...
Vicki Garrison: Black Resilience and Empowerment through Self-Affirming Self-Care at Predominately White Institutions of Higher Education
The institution of higher education, especially predominately white institutions of higher education (PWIHE), perpetuates the subjugation of Black people through the existence of traditional societal ideologies, values, and practices that function with and reinforce racism as the norm. Limited research exists about self-care strategies that assist Black students with navigating PWIHE.
Sharon Ultsch: Using Institutional Ethnography to Illuminate the Contested Space of Grading (May-21-2021)
A plethora of research has documented the detrimental effects of assigning grades, A-F, to student work as well as the inherent inequities embedded in this century-old assessment practice that persists in the majority of US higher education institutions.
- Lori Dolezal: NETWORKED IMPROVEMENT COMMUNITY HUB LEADERSHIP: A UNIQUE CASE STUDY OF STATE EDUCATION AGENTS OF CHANGE (MAY 19, 2021)
- Amanda Davis Simpfenderfer: The Role of Higher Education in Intergenerational Mobility (May 18, 2021)
- Cassandra L. Townshend: Vermont Special Educators’ Perceptions on the Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) (March-25-2021)
- Nadia A. Mitchell: The Triple Burden: Black Women Leaders in Predominantly White Institutions of Higher Education (March-29-2021)
- Mika A. Moore: Opportunities and Challenges of Utilizing Restorative Practices (RP) with Students with Disabilities: Exploring Special Educators’ Experiences with RP (March-19-2021)
- Thomas E. Griffin: BIRTH REGISTRATION AND EDUCATIONAL ACCESS IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA: THE CASE FOR AN EXPLANATORY SPATIAL RESEARCH DESIGN (3-19-21)
- Rachael A. Comeau: Understanding the profiles of adolescents engaged in intentional self-poisoning with suicidal intent and the role of primary care in early intervention in Vermont (March 5, 2021)
- Karen S. Scott: A Case Study of a School-based Expanded Learning Summer Program (2020-12-14)
- Laura Nugent: A Qualitative Study of School Transiency Among Students with Disabilities (2020-9-2)
- Marie C. Vea: SENSE OF PLACE and WAYS OF KNOWING: The LANDSCAPE of EXPERIENCE for BLACK, INDIGENOUS, PEOPLE OF COLOR in NATURAL RESOURCES, ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION, and PLACE BASED LEARNING(2020-8-19)
- 1 of 12
- next ›