Join us this coming
UVM Summer Academy – A Residential Academic Program for High School Students
The University of Vermont invites talented students from around the country and world to spend the summer living and learning in Burlington, VT!
UVM’s new Summer Academy will take place from July 15-August 9, 2013. Summer Academy is made up of two weeks of on-campus learning (July 15-26) and two weeks of online learning (July 29-August 9). Summer Academy is open to students who have completed 10th and 11th grade. Students are required to participate in the residential program.
Successful students leave the Academy with at least 3 UVM college credits, which they may transfer to almost any college or university. It’s the ideal way to get a head start on college.
Out-of-state students have the unique opportunity to receive a special incentive. UVM is offering a $1,000 annual scholarship (In addition to any other financial aid) to out-of-state students who are admitted and enrolled at UVM. Students must earn B- or better in their Summer Academy course to be eligible for this scholarship.
Academy students will live in the UVM residence halls, supervised 24/7 by UVM trained counselors and staff.
UVM Summer Academy students will participate in coursework during the morning and afternoons as well as evening activities.
Students can choose 1 of the 5 special topic areas to advance their summer studies:
- INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS
- ENGINEERING AND DESIGN
- HUMAN HEALTH AND MEDICINE
- ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- LEADERSHIP AND ACTIVISM
- Experience college. Learn what it’s like to live on-campus at a major university.
- Be inspired by students who have participated in UVM’s pre-college programming. View our testimonials.
- Start the application process! Our early application period opens on January 15, 2013. We will review applications on a rolling basis. View our application information.