UVM Summer Academy
UVM Summer Academy is an outstanding, academically challenging 4-week program (2 weeks on-campus, 2 weeks online) for high school students who have completed 10th, 11th, or 12th grade and are interested in exploring a specific field of study.
Summer Academy gives you the opportunity to learn what college life is like first-hand while getting a head start on your college career.
UVM Summer Academy is a hybrid program with 2 weeks of on campus work and 2 weeks of online work:
July 8: Residential students move into the residential hall.
July 9 – 13: MTWTF, 9:00am – 5:00pm First week of on campus course portion
July 14 – 15: Weekend activities for Residential students
July 16 – 19: MTWT, 9:00am – 5:00pm: Second week of on campus course portion
July 20: Residential students move out of the residential hall.
July 21 – Aug 3: Online portion of the course.
Students are required to complete both the on campus and online portions of the program to be successful.INQUIRE NOW APPLY NOW
Who Should Apply
During the application process, we require Parent/Guardian approval to ensure that the student is ready and able to participate in the UVM Summer Academy.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- OR granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
- GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Personal Statement: Write 2-3 sentences about how this course fits in to your future success.
- Parent approval: Your parent will receive an email to complete an online form confirming your participation.
How the UVM Summer Academy Program Works
All students will participate in the class they are registered for during the day. Academically based extracurricular activities such as workshops and panel discussions about specific college level skills will be offered in the evenings.
- Attend Class
- Have the option of participating in the academic extracurricular activities