Staff Council News
Staffline: January Edition
The Staff Council Social Committee would like to thank all those who volunteered, attended, donated, or baked for the Annual Staff Council Holiday Bazaar and Food Drive on Thursday, December 6, 2012. To see pictures from the event, as well as a list of raffle prize winners, please click here.
There were over 600 visitors to the event. With non-perishable food and cash donations, we gave 651 lbs of food to the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. Through the help of Parvin Pothiawala's Henna Tattoos we raised $119 for the Staff Emergency Loan Fund. Thank you for making this event another successful Holiday Bazaar and Food Drive.
Take the time to click on all the links below to learn more about
news and events of interest to UVM staff.
Remember, if you print any of the information found in Staffline, please choose the double sided or multiple page option on your printer to reduce paper usage.
Please consider following the Staff Council on Twitter and/or Facebook or bookmark our RSS feed to stay connected to the latest news from Staff Council.
Information From Staff Council
A Note from President Tom Sullivan
Staff Council Standing Committee Reports
Staff Council Sponsored Discounts
Staff Council Sponsored Events
Get Involved with Staff Council
- Visit our website to learn how you can get involved in Staff Council. Our next Staff Council meeting is Tuesday, January 8, 2013 from 12:05pm - 1:30pm in the Davis Center, Livak Ballroom.
Staffline Deadlines and Distribution Dates
- The deadline for the February Edition of Staffline is Friday, January 18, 2013. This edition will be distributed on February 1, 2013. For more information about submission guidelines and deadlines, please visit the Staffline webpage.
Human Resource Services News
Possible Adjustment to Insurance Contributions
- Some will see change to deductions beginning January 1, 2013.
Click here to learn more.
Take Advantage of New Contribution Limits
- Update your Retirement Savings Account Paperwork to Maximize Savings. Click here to learn more.
Retiree Health Savings Plan Rolls Out January 1, 2013
- Benefits-eligible faculty and staff hired after January 1, 2012 should see a new entry on their paycheck after passing the one-year anniversary of their hire date for the UVM established Retiree Health Savings Plan. Click here to learn more.
Enhancement to your W-2 Statement for 2012
- The Affordable Care Act initiates expanded reporting.
Click here to learn more.
EDU@UVM Signature Staff Development Event - March 5-7, 2013
- Presentations sought for this year's EDU@UVM event. Click here to learn more about how you can share your expertise at this professional development event.
Supervisory Learning Series Registration