Buckham Overseas Study Program
Other Opportunities Other study abroad programs in English can be explored through the Office of International Education (OIE). They are happy to assist you if you're interested in a study abroad experience.
BOSP gives English majors the opportunity to study at the University of Kent (UKC) at Canterbury in England. UKC's academic year consists of three ten-week terms - Michaelmas, Lent, and Trinity - and runs from the beginning of October to the end of June. BOSP scholars may choose from three different periods to go abroad: the entire year or Period I only (October - December), or Period II only (January - June).
This is a UVM sponsored program. The graded credits earned at UKC transfer and count towards your GPA. It is administered through UVM's Office of International Education in partnership with the English Department. All financial aid 'travels,' including tuition remission. Students are billed by UVM an amount to cover their UVM tuition, OIE student fee, tuition and accommodations at UKC.
To be eligible for this Study Abroad Program you will need to
- Be an English major
- Have a 3.0 GPA in your major and overall studies
- Completion of English 86 or English 100
- Completion of at least 60 credits overall
- Application is due January 27th, 2017
- After admission to BOSP, students must complete the application process for UKC, with the assistance of the Buckham Director
- Completion of OIEs pre-departure preparation
- Register for BUCK 995
Last modified November 28 2016 11:13 AM