Department of English
Buckham Overseas Study Program
BOSP gives English majors the opportunity to study at the University of Kent (UKC) at Canterbury in England. UKC's academic year consists of three ten-week terms - Michaelmas, Lent, and Trinity - and runs from the beginning of October to the end of June. BOSP scholars may choose from three different periods to go abroad: the entire year or Period I only (October - December), or Period II only (January - June).
This is a UVM sponsored program. The graded credits earned at UKC transfer and count towards your GPA. It is administered through UVM's Office of International Education in partnership with the English Department. All financial aid 'travels,' including tuition remission. Students are billed by UVM an amount to cover their UVM tuition, OIE student fee, tuition and accommodations at UKC.
- English majors only
- Completion of ENGS 086 and at least 60 credit hours overall by departure
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in major and overall
- Completion of Study Abroad Information Session
- Deadline end of the second week of the spring semester
- After admission to BOSP, students must complete the application process for UKC, with the assistance of the Buckham Director
- Completion of OIEs pre-departure preparation
- Register for BUCK 995
Professor Helen Scott, Buckham Director, Department of English, Old Mill 433
Pamela Gardner, Office of International Education, L/L B162, 802-656-4296
Last modified February 09 2011 10:21 AM