Center for Research on Vermont Community Fellows Research Program
The Center for Research on Vermont's mission is to encourage and
promote Vermont research. To meet this mission, the Center is
supporting a Community Vermont Research Fellows program.
The Center will provide office space and support the fellow in receiving a UVM Net ID. Fellows will also receive $250 towards their Vermont research related expenses at the university. Fellows are selected on a rolling basis with no more than three Fellows in residence at the same time. Please submit any questions to Richard Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF to Richard Watts (email@example.com). Applications are reviewed by the CRVT Board of Directors on a rolling basis. Successful candidates will be notified shortly after.
Interested Vermont researchers should submit the following. (Only full submissions will be considered):
- Cover page with:
- Researcher name, contact information, (and if applicable: institution name, major and anticipated graduation date).
- Title of research.
- A one-paragraph synopsis of the research problem or question the Fellow will address and the approach planned.
- A one-page work plan for the year that will guide the Fellow's research activities.
- A statement (up to 2 pages) by the Fellow specifying their interest, qualifications and ability to address the research proposed and their interest in continuing this line of research beyond this summer.
- An endorsement of the research plan and Fellow by a member of the Center for Research on Vermont, stating how they know candidate, how qualified the candidate is to carry out the work, why the research is important and if relevant, how it links with their own research.
Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Clearly address a Vermont research topic with sound methodology.
- Support a Fellow with the skills and motivation capable of carrying out the research.
- Proposed research has projected outcomes in the proposed year of the Fellowship.
Requirements for Selected Recipient
- Submit a report summarizing completed activities (3-5 pages) within 30 days of completing the Fellowship.
- Acknowledge the Center in related publications or activities.
- Support Center research activities as appropriate (e.g. participate actively in communicating their experience doing Vermont research including presenting at research conferences and/or in Vermont Studies classes and/or other venues).
- Present research developed during the Fellowship to classes, including Intro to Vermont (VS-52)
- Spend one day a week (minimum) in the CRVT office.
- Be available for other Center related events as appropriate.
About the Center for Research on Vermont
The Center for Research on Vermont is an interdisciplinary network of scholars and community members focusing on the study of Vermont.
Special Thanks to the donors who made this award possible.
Last modified June 27 2014 02:00 PM